10/31/2005

The ghouls all came from their humble abodes

valoweenI hear Moo has been having trouble with the crickets during his celebration of his birthday. I thought I give him a hint on how to deal with unruly crickets.

Emergency Halloween treats.
- 25 live adult crickets- 4 squares of semi-sweet chocolate

Rinse the crickets, pat them dry and freeze them for half an hour until they're dead. Once they're dead, take them out of the freezer and pull off their legs and heads. Then, put them in an oven set at 250 degrees until they're crunchy (about 15 to 20 minutes). While the crickets are baking, melt the semi-sweet chocolate in a double-boiler (keeps it from burning). Once the crickets are done, dip them in the melted chocolate and put them on a sheet of wax paper so the chocolate can set. Then, once they've cooled off, invite your friends over for a treat!

If that doesn't straighten them out, sit a can of this on the coffee table. It should turn them into
where bad crickets go
quiet little angel crickets watching tv.

For the rest of you that don't have trouble with insects I found this goulish halloween appropriate discovery on the internet. DO NOT go there, Moo! I mean this is really icky!

Now it any of you are stuck with kids with nothing to do but eat candy and make you crazy I found a couple really cute ideas to entertain them with. maze

One of them is this black cat maze. Click it to get the larger image to print.

The other is, of course, finger puppets. These I had forgotten about, you can make them walk, run, dance or kick crickets in the butt..LLLL.
witch wiz.jpg


In our little town when I was a kid the firemen and police got together and had a big bonfire up by the football field and served us cider, donuts and we had hotdogs and marshmallows to roast.

It was a great way to keep us out of trouble after trick or treating.

I hope you have all had a wonderful time!


witch wiz.jpg

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 1/11/05 8:31 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Are you serious about this?

 
At 1/11/05 10:02 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I'm not sure what you mean, Janet. If you mean do I condone feeding unknowing friends crickets, no. If you mean having fun pulling legs for Halloween and making people go "EEEUUUwwwww!" then, yes. I am seriously having fun.

Have been told the only problem with my sense of humor is that I think it's funny.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home