10/24/2005

Oh, What a beautiful morning

Not. Watching Florida get nailed and waiting to see if Wilma runs up the coast to hit the already flooded states.

the me insideWe have had a little rain here, nothing much, but we need it. I got out last night to spend some time gathering my seeds for next year. I got as many of the mystery red climbing flower as I could find because everyone wants some. Now that the back porch is a little more organized I may start some seeds early next spring.

After I got all the seeds I pulled the plant down and cut it off about 4" above the ground to see if it will come back up itself. I don't know if it is an annual or a perennial so we will just have to wait and see.

This spring we took the pines on the soouth of the house out but left the stumps as we only had a little chain saw and thought we would use them for bird houses or something. We did put a house on one and a watering pan on the other. When I took down the purple morning glories I discovered they are trying to come back. So tonight I have to get out there with my clippers and trim them to a tidy looking bonsai like form. They're kind of clumpy right now.

I got winded by then and wandered to the cosmos, zinnias and hollyhocks to get their seeds. By then it was getting dark.

The whole time I am working the stoner cat, Mystique, is running over to hide in the lilacs, till I forget she's there, then rushing me with the pounding steps of a large dog and making me jump! Grrrrrr! I holler, "CAT!" as a curse and a threat and she races joyusly back to the lilacs to do it again.

sneaky catWhen I went to get the zinnias they are near the back edge of the property. The neighbor has a shepard and a lab/chow mix that - A) hate cats and B) hate me getting so close to their yard. The burn pit with it's waiting pile of sticks is behind me, nearer the house. The stoner cat is sneaking into the burn pile, I know because the dogs are not barking at me but at something behind me.

But if I don't concentrate I will have seeds everywhere except in the envelopes and I am trying to keep the mini, medium and large zinnia in their own packages. With only two hands, I get busy and forget about the stupid cat, get used to the dogs barking at me and juggle my envelopes, pen and sissors between my hands and my pockets.

I am down on one knee searching through the last of the mini zinnies. I really want some seed from the yellow mini zinnia but can't find one. They haven't set - WHOOSH! The dogs go off at intruder alert volumn eight feet from my head, the cat leaps over the flowers almost knocking the seeds from my hand and, of course, I jump! *)(&^%(# CAT!

So I say it's almost dark and quit. I could still have gotten the pink morning glory but I really quit because I don't know how much more "fun" playing with the cat I can take before I pop her with a rock!
_______________________________________________

Comments: 4 Comments:
At 25/10/05 1:45 PM, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I once had a MARVELLOUS cat like that. Those animals have true soul, and make it so enjoyable to have them around.

 
At 25/10/05 2:07 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I don't know that I would call jumping out of your skin every 10 minutes enjoyable...she's a hoot.

We call her stoner because she is always blasted on the catnip growing all over the yard.

She is herself! LOL

 
At 25/10/05 8:28 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I'm the gardener in the family, so I love when the change of weather finally occurs.

I'm going to buy gardenias, petunias, impatiens and marigolds this weekend. We have a little garden right off the hot tub so we can enjoy the color with our favorite beverage.

 
At 26/10/05 7:25 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Decadence, Fred!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home