10/14/2005

Tea for two, me for you

biker woman
I hate losing my assorted avatars everytime I make a change to the blog. I decided I will add them to the posts and let the profile one ride.
I really have enjoyed reading a lot of the blogs out there since I found them this spring. Now one of my friends wants to have a blog, too. That's great! As
Jezzy reminded me, we have made a lot of new friends out here in Blogland. With our time to actually get out and about so limited its nice to have the network available to spend a few minutes a day with our buddies.

Some blogs I hit everyday, some just once in a while, or once a week. The Moo Cow had become one of my favorites because he puts real life and imagination into his tails, uh, I mean tales. When he takes a few days off I know my days will have less humor and pathos in them.

The
finger puppets I posted yesterday were inspired by an article on a dairy site used to show kids about good nutrition. I have been saving different Moo's for a while now because they remind me of Moo and make me laugh. The collection and the puppets blended well, I think.

Tomorrow, for those of you with limited imaginations, I will show you how to have fun with your moo puppets. For the rest of you, check out the Moo Cow
blog.

Today was nice and I got to ride the bike in. The mate added saddle bags for me so I can haul a purse, the laptop and a cup of coffee to work if I want to. It was a little brisk but I still got by with my denim jacket. I love it because it has so many pockets! A place for everything! The leather only has four and I have trouble finding one to put a book in.

I enjoyed the ride a lot. Then I was busy at work right off until I got a call from the mate asking me to lunch! He even came by and picked me up. I usually stay glued to the desk all day at work and it was a sweet break in routine. Big smile for the mate!

He had to go to court. He was subpoenaed for a divorce settlement case between some friends of ours. He hates that stuff, courts and lawyers and such. We both hate seeing two friends all torn up by each other, too.

It's always hard when a couple breaks up. There are all the "things" to be divided and the kids to be consoled, the pets, OMG and such that are enough to set anyone's teeth on edge. It's hard on the friends, too.

Friends don't like getting divided up like a set of dishes. While the two of them are fighting with each other you can only offer what support you can to which ever one you run into and lay low the rest of the time. You may want to remain friends with both but they may decide you were taking sides or not providing enough support to them and there ya go, you lose both friends. It's a nasty line to walk.

If you can see both sides it gets even more difficult to hang with them because they want to trash on the other guy for the main conversation, putting you even more in the middle. So I guess we just lay low for now and see where the chips fall. Too bad, they were a fun couple and we liked them a lo.

I want to give a shout out to my New Hampshire pals! Good to see you again, ladies! And I will throw in a Hey howdy to my other pal in Ohio. He reads here more than I do, and that's going some. And a big hello to the kids and cousins, I see a few of them have stopped in now and it's very quiet but that's ok, I know they are around.

The weekend is coming up, cake and ice cream with the kids for the mates bday and riding our bikes and getting the gardens tucked in for winter are on the list of fun things to do.

If Eldest Son is lurking about -"I got your present in the mail today! You can pick it up this weekend!"

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 14/10/05 7:25 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Okay, that font is pretty dadgumit small.

 
At 15/10/05 2:51 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Sorry, the blog blew up, I'm working on it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home