9/15/2005

When you wish upon a star

Feeling like a little fantasy is in order. Reality is really bogging me down. I always loved horses, their speed, grace and power fascinated me. The reality is that I wasn't raised with them, except in my books, and I am intimidated by their size. So now I love Pegasus and his ilk because I can pretend to ride away on them and, being pretend, they can never scare me. All that for those of you watching my avatars...LOL!

If wishing worked I guess the world would be a stranger place than it already is. I wish I had never seen the photos showing all the buses, taxi, cars and vans underwater. I wish no one had said, "Where would they go?" because to me the obvious answer is "NORTH" till the rain stops. I can't get to New Orleans, or any of the other places that people need help but if they were here I could help them. I wish I was sure this is the kind of world where if they were out of gas on the side of the road with 60 people and kids and pets on a bus SOMEONE would have helped them.

And I am glad I heard someone did "steal" a bus and picked up people all the way out of town. How you can be stealing when it's going to be trash anyway, I don't know, but you rock, dude!


angry old lady I wish I hadn't heard this story. I wish that company site would be hacked. I wish that company would go out of business. I wish their email in box would be crammed with protests. I wish I was the kind of person who would post their email address so you could all send them enough crap to plug it up tight. (if i was that kind of person it's info@connectpositronic.com)

I just need a little magic today and it happens. I remember how much better life is now than it was when I was younger. I had money turn up so all the bills are paid. I had the Eldest Boy, Only Daughter in Law and Local Grandgirl show up with the Mom, the Cousin and the tag along to party for 11zs on a lovely day. The mate stopped by work and still loves me even though he had to solder my glasses for the third time.

And the mystery flowers were out when I got home. These tiny beauties are real red shaped like a chocolate star and about the size of a nickle on ferny feathery climbing vines. Come on team - name that posy!

And what are these little things I call mystery weeds? Did I plant them and forget they are a flower or did they just sneak in and pretend to be flowers? Who knows! Not me.


The tiny town had a close call the other day. Another gang of thugs thought they would help themselves to someone else's money.

Earlier this year 3 white guys in a black van thought they were tough and smacked a 50 yr. old lady in the head with a ball bat then took all the money from the local mom and pop store. They cut the wires on the ADT alert system and the electricity. She went to the hospital and they got away. We hate when that happens!

They made some improvements in their security and when there was a guy out front with a walkie talkie and a guy in the parking lot in a truck, she got nervous. We found out about it when the K9 unit went by and a tow truck went next with a pick up on the back. Six ill-eagles, four more up the road with the other walkie talkie to take out one old lady...

She called some locals and two customers complained about the guy in the entry way creeping them out. Bad vibes. She finally decided she wasn't being nervous and rang the magic button. They got all six of them this time. And then today her mate had a heart attack and is in the hospital. So what was my problem today?

I CAN'T FIX IT! I can't make her mate better. I can't give enough or share enough to help all those families that are separated. I can't go match every lonesome and terrified animal with it's stricken family and make sure they find housing that allows pets. I can't get those kids into a school where their friends are going and people all talk like they do. I can't find them cars or food or housing.

I can't get the soldier's that have been wounded to be taken care of in a proper manner, which to me means retraining where possible and supporting them and their families above poverty level.
I can't get the world to just calm down and stop killing each other. I can't stop the weather now whacking on the east coast or the plate slip under the west coast.

I can't save the whales, sea turtles, ivory billed wood peckers or dodos.

I can't make the hurt go away for my friends who are splitting up or their kids who are saddened by their dad's second divorce.

I can't help the cousin have more confidence and walk tall.

I can't stand to read about one more single thing that I can't fix and think shouldn't happen!!!

I'm glad I'm not God. People would give me such a headache I'd invent martians to blow the whole place up today and start over!

I really had a pretty good day. Busy at work, pay day, enough of everything we need and love in my life I often wonder why I got so lucky.

I wish you all joy and enough. And if you have it, share it!

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 16/9/05 10:35 AM, Blogger dan said...

Thanks for the comment on my site. I've taken the time to read through yours as well.

All we can do is remember even if we don't have the right wrench to fix the things we want to, we still have a wrench to smack someone that can. ;)

 
At 16/9/05 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Val,

The second flower picture you posted looked familiar to me so I did a quick scan of my favourite gardening blogs. Sylvana (The Obsessive Gardener) identified it as Wild Hibiscus in her July 17, 2005 blog entry.

http://obsessivegardener.blogspot.com/2005_07_01_obsessivegardener_archive.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home