9/08/2005

The Good Things in Life are Free

I really am easily entertained. The Tuesday before we left for our trip north the mate and I were enjoying the birds at the feeders when I jumped up to get the binoculars. What I saw was this little guy!albino sparrow I can't get good photos because they always hear the doors close and fly away.

I borrowed this one. I really wanted my pal Anvil to see them. My Mom and Sis got here in time to see him, too. We were are tickled.

The bad news is we never saw him again. There were parents feeding him so we know he was this year's baby and there were sibs with more white on them than most sparrows so we thought they were from near by but either they were just passing through or the poor little guy didn't make it. I just thought it was so unique and rare for us to see one I wanted to share it, especially with A. Cloud.

The week we got back from up north I found a new bird feeder I wanted to put up and it was only two bucks at a yard sale so it went home with me. The mate got a wild hair from it and he dragged out the tools, a post and the post hole diggers and built me a nice new set up for the feeders. While I helped he did all the hard parts. It took about an hour plus set up and clean up.

new bird feeding area I have to have about 30 pounds of seed to fill them all but it's really great because we can see both sides of each feeder now. The birds seem to love it and the newly found flat rock in the bird bath has even the little finches getting their daily bath there.

And just look at the beautiful glads! Our yard was so lovely this year!

Just click on any photo to see it larger. The posies are just lovely and worth a closer look.

Off to do chores now, see ya!

gladiolas

Comments: 5 Comments:
At 8/9/05 1:43 PM, Blogger Masha said...

those are lovely pictures

 
At 8/9/05 8:53 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

The Cloud sees and appreciates. :)

 
At 9/9/05 12:43 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Thanks Masha and glad you enjoyed the birdie!

 
At 10/9/05 4:55 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Wonderful pictures. I don't garden much during the summer and nothing grows much anyway.

During the fall, I have close to twenty-five varieties of flowers. Hmmm - maybe a post idea?

 
At 12/9/05 8:12 PM, Blogger Jezzy said...

Beautiful piccies. I love the way you appreciate these little things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home