9/07/2005

I carry my home in my hand

for moo cow so he can up grade to a real puppetI spent Tuesday ripping up the closets and storage areas. I actually started on Monday night washing blankets and bed spreads. The mate helped with most everything. I hung it all on hangers and packed it in the large rubber maid containers, labeled it by sex and size with a list of what was in each, made up another bag and labeled it "From one 50 year old lady to another" and filled it with a day dress, a pj, some personal care products, a book, pen and pencil with a spiral notebook, some ear rings, barretts and such and zipped it up with a prayer.

Then I went through the house and dug up a portable radio, put batteries in it, got the Yatzee, Po ke no, dominos, decks of cards, greeting cards, blank paper, pens, pencils, and my treasured portable backgammon board, the double dragon dominos, some kids books and added three happy ending books for adults. I blew the dust off everything, no one ever plays games with us anymore, packed it all in a suitcase and labeled it entertainment.

We took a high chair, a walker, a cooler, two sleeping bags, a small tent and piled it all in my little white truck. I drove it down to a place in the town the refugees are in and dropped it off.

I think, after the fire, I know that some things that do not seem like nessesities are truely needed because they were part of your "real" life. I hope the things I sent take my prayers and good wishes to those who need them so badly.

I am already doing the list of the next things that will be needed as these people find housing. I should have at least half a kitchen and part of a living room to send.

It seems like such a small pile for such a lot of people. It's all we can do right now and I feel better for having done it.

Today's picture is a real baby cow puppet and a gift for a friend to steal if he wants to upgrade from a sock puppet. :)

Comments: 1 Comments:
At 7/9/05 7:29 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Another new Valerie picture. When will it all end? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home