3/18/2005

Sleep Walking Still

I woke early this am and thought I 'd better find my dream log while I was thinking about it. I discovered I must really be sleep walking again, there were two dream logs. One had the airplane dream in it and one had that dream and another one in it.

I must have gotten up and written down the 1st dream, but no recall of such an event. I know me, this means I got up, found a glass of water, lit a smoke, powered up the machine, wrote out the dream, played a card game, finished my smoke and went back to bed. Every bit of which I do not remember!

Now my funniest sleep walk was at my Mother's home. I had just gotten back to town from my wanderings so I was staying in her spare bedroom. I got up to go to the bathroom. As was my habit, I left the lights off, meandered down the hall, stepped into the bathroom, located the commode by finding the sink it was directly across from, hiked up my pj (required by parent) and sat down.

Whoops!

The seat was WARM! My mother shrieked in my ear and I jumped up and screeched right back at her! SHE was sitting on the seat in the dark! I had plopped right down on her lap!

I woke up, fumbled for the light switch and ticked it on. We looked at each other and started to laugh. We both tried to apologize at the same time and that made us laugh some more. Now I really had to go, I was laughing so hard.

Later I learned that my son, as a young child, also walked in his sleep. He was staying with my sister and her husband was gone. She woke up hearing someone moving around the house. As a woman with 3 children in the home and no mate, she got out the pistol and started down the hall bravely.

Using her ears she located the intruder in the living room. Figuring she had surprise on her side she pointed the gun in the direction of the sound and snapped on the lights. Luckily, she has good reflexes and training. She looked before she shot. My boy was sitting in the dark playing with his toys, fast asleep.

She put the gun away, came back and carried him to bed. Whew!

Any other sleep walkers out there? Tell us your funniest or scariest stories.