3/03/2005

The War Girl

My mate's bro's female child is a petite just barely 5' tall blond with blue eyes. But don't piss her off!

Last night we join Bro2's family at a bar for dinner to celebrate the visit home of #1Neice. Her Dad is having a nerological problem and she came home with her leave time to be with him during the doctor's exams.

It has brought tears to my eyes that, with technology, we have been able to chat at least once a week while she was in Iraq. What a blessing to know that your loved one is safe and needs Spagettio's!

#1Neice worked very hard to get into her branch of the service and then excelled at her training inspite of her size. She says she doesn't need to duck, she just stands behind everyone else.

Her favorite package contents are beef jerky, spagettio's and anything for her microwave. War is a lot different now.

Her biggest complaint is the items she has to pack and tote that are not suitable for the area she is in.

I was at home, blogging, for the second day in a row due to a 14" snowfall with blowing and drifting snow.

I have been really enjoying my birds at the feeders. I call it my tithe. Mate calls them "welfare birds". But they are so colorful and amusing to watch.

There is one sparrow sized sweetie I call "Buffy" because of her buff or light dun color. I have not been able to find her in my bird books.

The animals were happy. With us home they could stay inside, too. And wasn't that a thrilling day?