3/04/2005

Plagiarism

Nate Kushner and Laura K. Krishna, the debates continue.

Now that I am over my hormone driven, emotionally overloaded moral outrage I am trying to see this event more clearly. I would like to be able to say something nice about Nate.

It's not happening.

I am putting all my posts here, because they are a.) mine and b.) funny. _________________________

Perpetrator: "I made a bargain with myself that if I said something sarcastic, and she continued to ask me for help, that I would be obligated to fuck with her"

Comment: The only accusation people have left is "He wrote a bad paper on purpose for money,"

I disagree, I feel it is my duty to present another opinion of this sordid story so that other humans do not blindly applaud such cruelty.

IN MY OPINION, you have deliberately and with malice aforethought, made a conscious decision to harm another human.

You have been intentionally cruel to another human.

You exposed another person’s true identity on the Internet, as if she were a child molester!

You have affected her entire life from this day forward.

You publicized this human’s offense to the criticism of the universe as she knows it.

Then you publicized your cruel actions.

You can only be seeking fame and kudos'. (Then he receives them, you thoughtless, hard hearted, illogical gloating unfeeling, viperous voyeurs!)

Yes, she committed a punishable offense by the standards of our education programs; Since when is this a crucifying offense?

You have exposed her to more shame than most popular murder trials create for a guilty criminal over ONE CLASS ASSIGNMENT. Why? Because you thought it would make you look good to your peers. It was FUN!

To find out her identity and her school is acceptable. To report her to the administration, a more appropriate handling of the offense, would be acceptable. They could have flunked or expelled her as they saw fit. With your logs as proof she would have been punished, case closed. Then you could truly claim the value of your diploma would be maintained AND that you had done a noble, if somewhat petty, deed.

To destroy her is unacceptable! How could you claim the power to destroy another person's life? Who died and left you God?

To expose her real name, school and location has bared her to dastardly treatment by other evil humans everywhere. They will continue your cruelty to her.

That there are people who will let you think that what you have done is not only acceptable but appropriate to the offense and to be commended completely appalls me. We are obviously raising moral quadriplegics. You have no heart, no compassion, no empathy and no comprehension of another human’s suffering.

Do you even have a brain? Do the math for this equation: "Is this going to be fun later?"

This girl is going to know who you are. I will make sure of that!

The only possible correct behavior here is that You go RIGHT NOW, pull her real name OFF your site, CALL her, APOLOGIZE and beg forgiveness. Then YOU WRITE that apology in your blog.

Then, under it, write one THOUSAND TIMES, I do not grok, I am not God!

May I have your mother's snail mail address? I want to send her a paper bag to wear over her head and my personal condolences.
Posted by: Val at March 29, 2005 03:11 PM
___________________________________

I have been following this blog for two days. We get to the end and find out our hero was lying to us from day one. He wasn't going to turn her in! I can't believe I read that!

This was supposed to be moral high ground, plagiarism is bad. Bad girl to cheat. Very bad girl not to pay writer for the paper.

Good Nate to catch her and turn her in. What she did was wrong and should be punished. It cheapened the value of hard working student's diplomas. He said he was going to do the right thing and turn her in to the school for cheating. HORRAY!

Not our Nate. He says, No, he was only going to make her THINK he would turn her in - UNLESS.... Unless what, you ask? Well, ah, unless she did what he said, of course.

What a sad day, loser meets an uncommon bully who says, "Hold my Avian and watch this, bubba!" to the whole world. He then proceeds to make her dance while he shoots his mouth off at her feet.

Nate says: Give me some money, queen.
Nate says: Give me a kiss.
Nate says: Give it a lick, doll,
ORI'll be calling the dean.

Nate says: I need a ride, darlin'.
Nate says: I want a toy.
Nate says: I need new phone
OR It's the dean I'll be callin'.

Nate says: Send me a photo, fool.
Nate says: Without any clothes.
Nate says: I want a full front shot
ORI'll be calling the school.

Just good, clean fun on the internet. Boys will be boys. Kids have to learn.
She started it!
He hit me first!
She didn't pay me!
He wrote me a crap paper and now I'm going to flunk!
Well, she started it, I was only going to tease her, someone else did the right thing and turned her in! I didn't do it.
Yeah, right, then you couldn't jerk me around! Now everybody is laughing at me! They hate me!
You cheated at school then you cheated me out of the money!
You LIED to me! You said you'd write me a paper but you plagiarized from the net and put stupid stuff in it. I ain't paying for that!
Awww, I was only going to make sure she was miserable every day wondering if I had turned her in yet, what's so bad about that?

She would be so cut off from funds and grounded to homework it would be weeks before she could save up enough for a pack of gum.

But Nate - I can not express how low I think he is. When Nate was going to turn her in, if that was ALL he had done and then told about it on the blog I would have been able to applaud him and say "Well done, boy."

With his mean spirited blog postings and with NO intention of turning her in, Nate stands with the bad boys. I'd take away his net access, his computer and make him volunteer at a charter school for teens as a tutor for 6 months.

He appears to be slightly repentant now. But you sure can't trust his appearance, he looks like a nice guy.

Can you imagine being his girl friend? You'd never know what he was really thinking or if he was lying to you.

Nate may have punished a cheater more than she deserved but he has ruined himself as a man. Who wants a sneaky liar with a mean streak for a mate?

I wish them both enough prayers from strangers to keep them from the consequences of their actions.
posted by Valerie "The chocolate makes it go down easier!" @ 5:37 AM
__________________

"the name of our victim and the name of the unfortunate university has been transformed on this site....It’s just something we had (italics mine) to agree to."

Under no threat?

I would guess the University just asked nicely for Nate to remove their info from the site.

An interesting thought - If it is OK for Nate to use LKK's real name, why are so many of the posters using false email addresses? Afraid you are next?

Posted by: Val at March 30, 2005 10:33 AM
___________

I was told it was to avoid being spammed to death but I keep 2 or 3 throwaway addresses for posting so I can communicate with people yet not have the "real" inbox blasted. I still say they are AFRAID!
___________

"Nate's intended punishment--to report the activity to the dean--"
"oh no... "nate told on us to the teacher. wah~"
"His intent was to make the school aware of Laura's activities."
He was "out to get" Laura in the sense that he wanted her to receive punishment for her wrong. He was not "out to get" Laura in the sense that he wanted to ruin her life. "

I do wish you people would read All of Nate's posts!
He didn't intend to ruin her life, just to run it for a while. Nate never intended to turn her in, just to make her squirm.

"others decided that they had the right to report what was going on."
GOOD! That was the correct action. Report her and let the school handle it.

"only a few people have commented on the manipulative nature of Laura's mother. She hinted at paying you off,"
We only have Nate's version of what the mother said. We know Nate is not always truthful, he told us he lied.

Why is it all about cheating and not privacy issues?
http://forwardho.blogspot.com/2005/03/cheater-and-bully.html
Posted by: Val at April 1, 2005 08:30 AM

__________________

Why do so many posters miss the fact that I believe Laura being caught was GOOD! I hate cheaters! I am GLAD Laura was turned in to her dean for cheating! Yes, she solicited him! Yes, she is not very smart to have done so. Yes, she cheated! And I rejoice at her fall from grace academically! Laura is being PUNISHED!

I don't CARE if the Laura's" appreciate me here. I don't care about this Laura in particular. My ire is for anyone who has been wronged or is being bullied.

What Nate did was not good. Nate did not turn her in! Nate did not intend to turn her in! He intended to jerk her around in public, 30 0r 3000 hits a day, PUBLIC. He used her real name and location. I do not believe that Nate had any right to post that information for any reason. Nate should not have planned to get her to finance a scholarship or any thing else that equals tormenting her.

I remain annoyed that none of you understands my rage - If we condone Nate posting real info then anyone will be able to do so and there will be no penalty for it. He has invaded her PRIVACY! What should Nate's PUNISHMENT be?

In high school I used to kick older guys in the knee cap really hard when they picked on "educationally challenged" (whisper: retarded) kids. Why? Because everyone else looked the other way, even the teachers, but I knew it was wrong for them to treat people like that.

They wouldn't stop when I just walked up and told them they shouldn't do that. But the idiots would chase after me for kicking them and leave the slower kids alone. I ran pretty fast for a short kid.

I couldn't tell a teacher they were mistreating the Special Ed students, they wouldn't do anything. I COULD tell the teacher they were chasing me and she would protect me even when she found out I kicked them first because I was smaller than they were. That gave the other kids time to get safely to their class rooms. It was all I could do.

The world was screwed up then and is screwed up now when even a little kid knows something is bad and no adult will act to stop it.

Did that make any sense to anyone? Do I need to use even smaller words or what?

I HATE HORMONES! They make me so cranky!
Posted by: Val at April 1, 2005 03:12 PM