3/15/2005

Dream Sequences

Janis says it's all just one long day, today. For me it's always yesterday on the blog. I never post the same day something happens. (Now let's see how long that stays true.)

So, yesterday....I woke up in the early morning hours, got out of bed, talking a blue streak, hearing myself talk, not quite understanding what I'm saying except that I seem to be upset about something. I walk out to the living room and continue rambling on and wandering around the house till just before the dining room I shut up and wake up. Whew! I hate when that happens.

I used to really sleepwalk. Once I woke up on the snowy, narrow steps leading from my second story apartment to the parking area. Luckily I had been wearing a pj. Normally, I don't. I had no idea why I was there or where I was heading.

I went back to bed in both instances.

I recently was wishing I could remember my dreams better. I woke one night last week, went to my computer, typed in the current dream and one from the night before that, then went back to bed. Now I just have to find my file....LOL!

I can't believe I have so many visitors and so few comments. Are you all shy or just don't want to hurt my feelings.

So now I want to pick things up a little. A blog without comments is like shouting into a canyon. No, wrong. If I shout into a canyon I at least hear me back.....

They say most people dream in black and white. I never knew that! I am a full color, full sensation dreamer.
I have repeating dreams and I have had prophetic dreams.
I have controlled flying and uncontrolled falling.
I have dreamed I "missed a step" climbing stairs and woke up with my foot still reaching for purchase.
I have dreamed of friends from long ago and far away and seen them or heard from them in less than a week.
I dreamed of my dad, but only after he died, and he was still laughing at me.

I dreamed of my mate and I riding motorcycles with a friend and wrote it down 18 months before it happened just the way I described it. It was a year before I re-met the current mate. I read it to him from the journal when we got home from the ride and freaked him right out.

I drew a sketch of a dream house for the mate and I and the first place we bought looked just like it, allowing for my lack of drawing ability. It also had all but the rhubarb of the plants and trees I listed on the wish list.

One time I dreamed I had a package waiting at the post office. Turns out it was true but it was returned as I didn't pick it up promptly. I got it a week later, re-sent by the Mom.

One of the repeating dreams from my childhood was located behind Grampa Gee's home on the farm. I was in the strawberry patch with evidence all over my face when a little red devil (like one from the commercial for something - Red Devil lighter fluid or chew or who knows) came running after me, carrying his pitchfork, and chases me all over the yard what seemed to be all night long. I could never get away from him. Go figure. Red strawberries, red devil, redrum...LOL! I guess the devil wanted those strawberries all for himself. I dreamed it a lot when I was little.

What colors do you dream in? Do you fly or fall? Are you yourself or someone else? Do your dreams come true? Do you believe dreams are OBE's or only the day's confusion sorting itself out? I really am interested.