3/04/2005

The Cheater and the Bully

I have been following this blog for two days. These are my earlier posts. We get to the end and find out our hero was lying to us from day one. He wasn't going to turn her in! I can't believe I read that!

This was supposed to be moral high ground, plagiarism is bad. Bad girl to cheat. Very bad girl not to pay writer for the paper.

Good Nate to catch her and turn her in. What she did was wrong and should be punished. It cheapened the value of hard working student's diplomas. He said he was going to do the right thing and turn her in to the school for cheating. HORRAY!

Not our Nate. He says, No, he was only going to make her THINK he would turn her in - UNLESS.... Unless what, you ask? Well, ah, unless she did what he said, of course.

What a sad day, loser meets an uncommon bully who says, "Hold my Avian and watch this, bubba!" to the whole world. He then proceeds to make her dance while he shoots his mouth off at her feet.

Nate says: Give me some money, queen.
Nate says: Give me a kiss.
Nate says: Give it a lick, doll, OR
I'll be calling the dean.

Nate says: I need a ride, darlin'.
Nate says: I want a toy.
Nate says: I need new phone OR
It's the dean I'll be callin'.

Nate says: Send me a photo, fool.
Nate says: Without any clothes.
Nate says: I want a full front shot OR
I'll be calling the school.

Just good, clean fun on the internet. Boys will be boys. Kids have to learn.

She started it!
He hit me first!
She didn't pay me!
He wrote me a crap paper and now I'm going to flunk!
Well, she started it, I was only going to tease her, someone else did the right thing and turned her in! I didn't do it.
Yeah, right, then you couldn't jerk me around! Now everybody is laughing at me! They hate me!
You cheated at school then you cheated me out of the money!
You LIED to me! You said you'd write me a paper but you plagiarized from the net and put stupid stuff in it. I ain't paying for that!
Awww, I was only going to make sure she was miserable every day wondering if I had turned her in yet, what's so bad about that?

She would be so cut off from funds and grounded to homework it would be weeks before she could save up enough for a pack of gum.

But Nate - I can not express how low I think he is. When Nate was going to turn her in, if that was ALL he had done and then told about it on the blog I would have been able to applaud him and say "Well done, boy."

With his mean spirited blog postings and with NO intention of turning her in, Nate stands with the bad boys. I'd take away his net access, his computer and make him volunteer at a charter school for teens as a tutor for 6 months.

He appears to be slightly repentant now. But you sure can't trust his appearance, he looks like a nice guy.

Can you imagine being his girl friend? You'd never know what he was really thinking or if he was lying to you.

Nate may have punished a cheater more than she deserved but he has ruined himself as a man. Who wants a sneaky liar with a mean streak for a mate?

I wish them both enough prayers from strangers to keep them from the consequences of their actions.

Comments: 8 Comments:
At 31/3/05 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's fresh perspectives such as yours that continually reassure my love of the internet.

 
At 31/3/05 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Not our Nate. He says, No, he was only going to make her THINK he would turn her in - UNLESS.... Unless what, you ask? Well, ah, unless she did what he said, of course."

I very much doubt Nate would be in a position to threaten her, seeing as the paper was obviously fraud and nothing he could do would keep her from being busted once she turned it in. And if she hadn't handed in, he'd have nothing on her either. (plausable deniability).
Now if on the other hand he had written a top-notch article for her, then he could easily blackmail her afterwards. As she would only be cought at his discretion.

So I can't agree with your assesment of the situation.

 
At 31/3/05 10:06 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Hello Mal-2,

I did say it was a rant. Rants are emotionally motivated, not logically constructed so I will grant you that I have built an imaginary scenario and I don't expect anyone to agree with me.

I do have to say that just the threat of turning her in, if all had gone as Nate planned, seems to me, would have held a certain amount of power over her.

Again, It's all just my opinion.
Thank you for leaving yours, it made me think.

Val

 
At 31/3/05 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel so... soiled.

My life is so screwed up right now. What am I gonna do?

 
At 31/3/05 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Lord, you're tragic.

 
At 31/3/05 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate completely voided his "point" by lying to everyone. He's just one of the many hit whores who will make up anything for a little Net celebrity. Ever see the picture of a girl doing a cartwheel and it says "I am an attention whore" yeah - that's him. He could have done something noble with it but he chose to deceive us all. Such a dick. Love your rant.

 
At 1/4/05 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surprisingly the only comment I've read so far that so closely mirrors my own feelings. I was right with Nate right up until the point when he said he had not turned her in. I don't necessarily believe that he would have tried blackmailing her... but if he truly believed that she should be punished or reprimanded for cheating on the paper, he SHOULD inform the appropriate authorities. The true name being put up was ill-conceived, but yeah, it's the fact that he DIDN'T turn her in that gets my goat.

 
At 30/6/05 3:24 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I'm confused. I went to the site and didn't see anything about the story, although I get the gist. What am I missing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home