5/03/2007

I go out walking, after midnight

I tried something new last night. I screwed it up royally. I never screw up half way. Now that I think about it I don't do much half way.

I want to get back in shape. I want to be able to enjoy the next days of my life without having to think about my body. It's designed to run and repair itself on auto pilot but when you screw it over by eating wrong and leaving it sit all day you end up having to pay attention to it. I don't want to do that anymore than I enjoy dusting so I need to get it functioning as it's supposed to.

I started by changing my diet to juice and liquids all day with one meal when I get home. That meal was mostly raw veggies. Now that I have lightened the load on the processing systems I want to clear the systems out. That starts with a salt water flush. How hard can that be?, I think to myself.

A friend had mentioned it to me before. I was doing some research for another friend with breast cancer and found it again along with a ten day kidney flush and I thought hmmmm.... If it's good for them it would be good for me. So I am going to try it to see what I think and how I feel.

It says read, take notes, understand the directions. I did. Honest! I just mixed up the receipes. One uses two tablespoons and one uses two teaspoons. Let me tell you, I will get it right next time. Two tablespoons of sea salt in a quart of water not only flushes your system but it tastes ICK! I re-experienced labor pains and remembered, surprisingly, my Lamaze breathing! But I was flushed! Whoohoo!

If you are bored with life and want to follow along start by cutting your eating down. Drink all the juices and purifyed or distilled water you want all day and have a light meal, preferably raw veggies and fruits or a light vegetable soup for supper for a few days. When you are ready to start, and I reccomend a weekend, you get up in the morning, drink one QUART of water in which you disolve TWO TEASPOONS of natural sea salt. In about an hour take your book and head for the john.

The rest of the day you drink a lemonade made with two TABLESPOONS each of fresh squeezed lemon juice and maple syrup and ONE TENTH of a TEASPOON of red pepper. Use less maple syrup if you want but not more. Put ingredients in a ten OUNCE glass and add warm or cold purified or distilled water to fill it up. You need to drink at least six of these a day. This is supposed to contain all the vitamins and minerals you need for your body to function properly. The only other thing you drink is purified or distilled water. NOTHING ELSE.

At bedtime you sip off a cup of (get this) herbal laxative tea and call it a day. You are supposed to do this for ten days. I will be starting on Friday night again. Last night was too messed up and I haven't found a good laxative tea, either, yet.

To get your glandular system working they suggest walking while swinging your arms at least thirty minutes if you are able. Also light hand weights or books while you do front and side lifts and curls for at least five minutes three times a day. I will be adding the walk to my nights. I might even get back on the 12 speed, who can say?

I have an ulterior motive behind this. If it works I will let you know. It's a secret for now.

Party on and if you tag along make sure you don't get the teaspoons and tablespoons mixed up!

We will see how it goes. I will add the weaning instructions for getting your body ready for solids as we get to the end of the ten days.

Comments: 3 Comments:
At 4/5/07 4:32 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Sometimes, death doesn't seem so bad.

 
At 4/5/07 6:46 PM, Blogger kateandjona said...

Ok, you've peaked my curiosity ... I wanna know the ulterior motive! Guess I'll just have to stay tuned!

 
At 6/5/07 11:55 AM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Ha! Anvil!

I keep telling you that you will not die, pay attention!

And Kate, I am not doing so well with the ulterior motive yet but there is always a fresh start availible and I take it each day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home