10/07/2005

gonna lay around the shanty, mama

Friday! Sometimes the week just flies, this one has been too busy! Kids, dogs, the mate, birthdays and all just seem to pile up. I've got auctions to build this weekend and more. The mate and I are planning on hanging around the homestead and doing yard work. I have the gardens to put away and we have mowing and rototilling. Might even get to the gutters!

sad pupWe have a daughter that is a sucker for sad animal stories. On the way home last night I realized that the refugee looked just like her current dog. So I called her to see what the current head count on dogs was and it's only two. They usually have 4 or 5. I put a bug in her ear about the girly dog and hope she will at least go check her out! Wicked me!

Got home to a sweetly understanding mate who had a hot homemade pizza just coming out of the oven. I was extra nice to our dogs and hope the little girl is doing ok.

I just wanted to mention it seems like the week was just a little weird. After yesterday's adventure on my way to work this morning I was really paying attention but still got surprised. I saw a deer streaking directly toward the car in front of me. I had plenty of room but was braking and prepared to drop gears to avoid the slaughter. I was already holding my breath, waiting for the impact, when the small doe LEAPED the trunk of the vehicle and ran off to safety. It was no cadillac but still a fair jump on a dead run! Awesome!

I check with our new friend/customer to see how her pup was and she says they got it there in time, it's going to be fine. Now, if the kids will just work things out, it will be all happy endings!

Barring unplanned excitement I will see you all Monday! Enjoy the weekend!

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 8/10/05 11:12 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Glad the deer made it. That could've been ugly. And messy.

Have a great weekend.

 
At 9/10/05 9:09 AM, Blogger Janet said...

In response to your comment about differentiated instruction you're sorta right. It is different children learning in different ways and at different paces, on top of everything else I said. I don't know why I (or the technical definition) failed to include that. Not that you were losing sleep over it or anything.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home