8/11/2005

Not Monday now

Sorry all, I didn't forget you. I've been building on the Unseen Wounded Blog. I want to keep up here so I don't lose track of where I am but I guess I will drop back to once or twice a week on the other blogs. Just not enough hours in the day.

Work has been really busy. I do sales, shipping and customer service for about 250 accounts. Keeping it all flowing isn't technically my problem, it's the boss's worry, but I really like to have my people happy so I get into production scheduling and such as much as I can. It means I have days of boring and days of tearing my hair out. I'm slowly losing my hair this week.

We have no air conditioner in the offices. The boss put an old,used, dead one that doesn't even make it down to body temp about a week ago. It's a joke. When the mercury hits 90 the tin building gets to 101 or better. The guys on the floor at least can catch a breeze.

When I get too warm my head shuts down and then my body follows. Twice this week I have gone home, had a lovely dinner and then fallen asleep on the couch sitting up. I'm gone until 10 or so then the mate puts me to bed. This morning I could not get awake. I over snoozed the alarm until a half hour before I had to be at work. When I did get up I felt like I could go right back to bed.

I missed riding the bicycle twice, too and that really bothers me. I have so little stamina now that miss a shot at improving it makes me feel really sad. It was too hot to ride, really, anyway but I will get one in tonight somehow - before I fall asleep.

I have been riding the real bike to work! It's been sweet. The new battery doesn't seem to read over 11.5 on the gauge but it starts every time. The mate is going to try to have it ready for the Midnight Ride next weekend. They raise money for the West Michigan Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. One of my foster brother's kids has JD.

Right now I can't ride at night because of the charging issues. And the ride starts at midnight, of course. We have some long time friends we usually do the ride with and end up at their place on Lake Superior in the U.P. The wife and daughter there ride. We added my nephew and niece in law last year. This year we will have a niece and nephew in law also. All the other women will have their own bikes so I really want to take mine. I love it that the mate cares enough to do a winter tear down in the summer just so I can be comfortable and take my own ride. He is really just so good to me I can't tell you how wonderful he is. Someday on here I will try.

Now I'm going to have to run along, I want to get things wound up so I can leave after the last truck gets here.

Remind me to blog about: my son the truck driver, my eldest daughter, the youngest child, my granddaughters, the gladiolas, the dogs, the cats and why my man should get the Man of the Year award. :) . It will be more fun than whinlogging about work!

Comments: 1 Comments:
At 12/8/05 8:10 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I know what you mean about blogging - it's becoming a full-time job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home