7/22/2005

Beeeeeee Yourself

I have been checking out the blogs again. I saw several that stated they wished they got comments like so-and-so's blog does. I wandered along to several of the mentioned blogs that get lots of comments. Most of them are designed to generate input. Cute little questions, fancy photos, tiny posts made frequently and google ads in the side bars. They were ok, but they were not REAL!

For me, blogs are supposed to be journals or information for public reading. If you are a hot tatter you publish patterns and instructions with links to similar sites. If you are journaling, you post about what is happening or has happened in your life.

I get sucked into the tests because I like testing my knowledge. I trip over the quizzes because I am curious about myself. I have pretty much abandoned posting them here because this is where my friends and family can see what is up with us, so I write about us or what is important to me.

I LOVE comments. This does not make me stand out from the crowd, we all LOVE comments. They show that what we wrote touched someone enough to take the time to tell us their feelings on the topic. I try to respond to all my commentors out of courtesy but don't always have the time. I DO visit all their blogs. They make me laugh, cry, feel better about my life or guilty that my life is so good. They make me think. Some of them bore me. Others I don't miss a day of reading.

And I comment on their posts. I love to put my two cents in! On some blogs I am up to fifty bucks worth of sticking my nose in! I really enjoy blogging in most of it's aspects.

What I will NOT do to get comments is change the way I write or what I am writing about. If I bore you, very sorry, run along! Have I annoyed you? It's not an unusual reaction to me stating an opinion. Mention it to me, we can discuss it. Did I make you laugh or sigh or think or cry? Then I am glad, even gladder when you tell me so. But I won't change what I am doing to suit YOU, my readers. Then it wouldn't be me, it would be someone else.

I like me! I think I am funny, witty, kind hearted, intelligent, good natured and laid back. I have a great relationship with my mate, my kids, my pets and most of our family. Riding motorcycles is a big part of my life. I like to go fishing. I play gutiar and sing when no one is looking now but used to make a living at it. I just want to chronicle the events in my life here.

So I just want to say to all you bloggers out there, beee yourself! I may not be back to your blog but another 1000 people might end up going there every day! I like you just the way your are. Comments will come, in time. Don't stress about it so much.

I'll see you Monday! Enjoy your weekends!

Comments: 3 Comments:
At 22/7/05 7:37 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Sometimes I think I wrote better before I was getting any comments. In fact, I think that a lot of the time.

 
At 23/7/05 12:20 PM, Blogger Fred said...

We like you, too. Now, can I have a comment?

 
At 25/7/05 5:58 AM, Blogger Jezzy said...

You're a very likeable gal! Yep - it's good - be yourself - there's no better advice. x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home