6/09/2005

Just another great day, uh week

I hate that time flies by when your working almost as fast as it does when you are having fun. I have been really busy and, while I have read some blogs and commented, I haven't been able to write. Well, I have been writing but not HERE!

Monday the mate caught up around the house and yard, bless him. It makes it so much easier for me when he is home! And yes, I am a grasshopper, not an ant. So is he. I think that is very important to our life style. Probably more important to our relationship than what religion we were raised or which way the toilet paper roll goes. I am an "under" and he is an "over".

Ants are just too energetic for me. Always rushing about doing something, trying to make more money, have more fun and buy more toys than the next guy. Sure, I try to plan ahead and lay i enough supplies that I can keep warm all winter but I just don't need the stress or trappings of big money. I've got enough to get what is important to me, why would I want more?

Do not cross mate an ant with a grasshopper. It's doomed. One is accused of being lazy and the other of not having enough time to spend with the lover or family. It's all down hill from there.

We got our bike ride in and I did some chores for the next day. I tossed a batch of ruhbarb crunch together for Tuesday night Yack Fest. Bilble study is postponed until Cee, the Mom and I are all caught up with each other.

Tuesday I scooted home, cut all the cheeses, veggies and meat into tiny squares and the pickles into little spears, tossed it all on a tray with tthe light and dark rye bread from the deli and still had time to clean up and change before everyone got there.

Mom brought the second, my third, cousin, Kay. We are getting her used to us slowly. The step sis begged off, she's working two jobs. The momsayssheshesmysis didn't get notified. Oops!

Cee brought a fruit pizza. If you have missed these, they are not really good for you but YUMMM E! Then she got us up to date on baby horses, trained horses, sold horses, and the latest brilliant grandbaby. See photo later.

I was pretty much quiet for this part. Then we took a clean up break and walked the flowers so mate's beautiful yard could be properly admired.

Then Mom caught us up. She and the cuz went to Mammoth Caves. She and the mate skipped them on the way down but she has wanted to go since 4th grade and she made it! 280 steps plus assorted ramps was hard on her knees but she saw the whole thing. Go, Ma!

They had some funny stories about sharing beds that got smaller and smaller as the trip continued. They stopped to visit some friends of Kay's in OH and then drove home, arriving about 11:10 pm our time.

How do I know? I figured it earlier.

This is where I mentioned phoning in when we are going to be late. She said she was fine and didn't need to call in. This, from the mom who went ballistic when you were 10 minutes late from a date! Grrrr...indeed!

So we are all back where we belong. The mate got home last night with the bro who went with him Wed. morning to pick up stuff their sis was getting rid of while moving. Stayed tuned for "now what do I do" regarding roller blades, a pair for each of us. I actually had them on and rolled around the kitchen tile behind a chair last night.

Then later we will have "Huh?" on how to ride a 21 speed bike. The adventure never stops!

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 9/6/05 7:45 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Hmmm. I don't think I've ever heard of a 21 speed bike before. How is this possible?

 
At 10/6/05 7:08 AM, Blogger Norma said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I look forward to reading through yours for some gems.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home