7/12/2006

I wanna go home

Well I didn't spend the night in De troit city but I am having a bad case of the "Let me OUTA here"'s. I just want to go take a nap.

Yesterday I got on the phone with the furnace guy and the fuel oil people. The furnace install starts tonight, ends on Monday and the full job with the fuel oil tank and small propane leaving and the big propane tank being installed will be done Monday afternoon.

The wonderful furnace guy is going to install the water heater for me, too. I will ask my Bro in Law to help remove the old one soon. I was going to get the guttering today but I think I will do it tomorrow so I don't chance being late, I still have to drop off some stuff at goodwill and pick up some things in town though and I hate making an extra trip...Hmmm.. Guess we will see how it works out, how bad traffic is and if I can get the list I need for the gutters.

The Bison had the house nice for Bible Study last night. It was a treat to come home to a tidy house again. I have been moving stuff into and out of my bedroom and the place is getting down right scary tidy, really.

I moved my electric guitar and amp from the living room to the bedroom to take the place of the dresser that went upstairs. I think the file cabinets are next, after I get rid of the extra dresser set. The old, steel tea cart will go in the dining room to hold the phone and reference books and my binoculars. Once I dismantle my desk then the dry sink joins the dining room crew with pretty dishes on it and condiments on a tray for ease of table setting. Then I will thin out the pots and pans again, move the baking stuff and get the little white cabinet set up in the kitchen.

At that point I will thin the attic and upstairs again and should have most of it out of here before winter. I will start looking for different furniture for the living room and commence carpet replacement and painting the kitchen and such. That will be the shoestring project.

I never spend money on furniture if I can help it. We are just too rough on the poorly made crap they sell now to invest in it. I get used from the junk stores or from family and friends that are upgrading. It's fine by me if it's not new, I don't have to break it in and I don't feel badly when it gets scratched or torn, I just toss a throw over it.

The goal is comfort, not class. I want to be comfortable when I sit down after a day at work. I wish someone in the furniture industry would realize there are more older people around now and that we can't crawl up from floor cushions like we did in our youth. I want chairs and couches that support me well enough that getting up with a bad hip is easy. That means they need to be taller with firmer cushions. I have been watching for a love seat with the long wooden carved legs like great grama used to have. That would be a goodness.

I am really tired again today, rainy days do that to me. I think I will skip town and just go home tonight. Must be I need some sleep while it's cooler out.

Later all!

Comments: 3 Comments:
At 12/7/06 3:45 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Yeah, don't I know about getting out of couches.

 
At 12/7/06 4:55 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I'm with you on the furniure. We have our showcase furniture in the living room, which we use once or twice a year. Every other room is cheap, functional, and comfortable.

 
At 12/7/06 9:18 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

I know I could sell tall furniture..I just have get someone to MAKE it!

And comfy, too, fred!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home