6/29/2005

9,8,7...

UPDATE: 2:15 pm

Dear God, I love my husband!! He just called me again with his room number and word that he may be able to meet the plane tonight. With no prompting from anyone the beloved mate has roses for the soldier. He just makes me cry, he does so right!

When we were younger I used to wish he was my big brother, when we were older I wished he'd like me. When we fought and broke up I wished we could get back together. It took 15 years but it happened!! Every night I go to bed with the man of my dreams.

He is all of that and more to me now and I wouldn't trade him for a millionaire, a hunter, a mechanic, a gigolo, a biker, a cook, a nurse, a gardner, a boyfriend with a hot car, a chauffeur, a personal companion and a shrink all together! It would take the full dozen men to try to replace him and it would never be right.

I am so blessed.

Don't touch that dial!
*************************
I just got a call from the Mate. He arrived in one piece at about 1 pm at Ft. Bragg. He was waiting for the Captain to meet him and show him to his room at the Air Borne Inn.

Now we are at the official Army "hurry up and wait" portion of this tale. Spc. Jewel will not arrive until early evening instead of early afternoon as we were told. She has to be cleared for visitors before he can see her. Sounds like they will try to stall him one more day. I am upset as we told her he would be there for her the last time we talked. Stupid Army Regs!

But he's there. Now we will get the rest of the story.

Don't touch that dial!