4/10/2005

Puppies in Spring

This is for fellow blogger, Madzilla. Hope it helps!

You picked me! I am a puppy, I am only 6 or 8 weeks old. I have lived, with all of my mates, in the big box in the house and in the bigger box in a shed with newspapers.

This week I was showed a new door that goes outside. I like outside but I get very cold cause I am so small, so the lady gave me a blanket, all folded up thickly, to keep me warmer. In the shed (dog house with fence around it) I leave my bed area and go outside to do my business. In the big box in the house I use my papers. If it is not a box with a blanket and papers and a toy in it or a shed I do not know what it is and it will scare me. A new person, animal, room or box will all be strange to me. I HATE loud noises, too. And I never saw snow yet, neither.

I need to go out every time I wake up and every time I eat or drink. My tummy is pretty small so it fills up quickly and I need to eat 4 or 5 times a day. With drinks and naps that means I have to go out 9 or 15 times a day. I can't count so I don't know for sure.

I feel very little and scared a lot. New things make me nervous. If you talk quietly to me and pet me I will feel a little braver soon and try new things later. If you holler at me I will be so scared I might never try again. But wait till I get BIGGER, then I will be brave!

I will be lonely as I had lots brothers and sisters all the time. I have never been alone - ever! If you have lots of room please get one of my brothers or sisters, two of us play together and entertain each other when you aren't home and we comfort each other in a sleeping box. If you can't, it will be ok but I will be sad and probably cry when I feel lonely.

When I wake up from a nap TAKE ME OUTSIDE! I have to GO!!! Tell me to "do your business" and when I am done tell me "good puppy" every time. Soon you can take me out and say "do your business" and I will know what you want me to do.

I like evaporated milk mixed with warm water on my crunchies for breakfast. As soon as I stop eating TAKE ME OUTSIDE! I have to GO!!! I will sniff around a little, do my business and then it's PLAYTIME! After playtime I nap and work on my growing. When I wake up TAKE ME OUTSIDE! I have to GO!!!

If you have to leave me home alone I would like a bowl of crunchies and a bowl of water, my blanket, some papers ( if I am inside in a box or small room) and some toys. I like bones, chewie toys, old mocasins and stuffed toys ( but not the kind with button eyes, I might swallow the buttons.) I also like a braided nylon knotted on both ends to flip around and chew on. When you get home TAKE ME OUTSIDE! I have to GO!!!

I like evaporated milk mixed with warm water on my crunchies for again for supper. As soon as I stop eating TAKE ME OUTSIDE! I have to GO!!! Then PLAYTIME AGAIN! This is my favorite time, all my people are home to play with me. Keep an eye on me. I am just little and don't know how to say I need out to go. If I start sniffing the floor too much TAKE ME OUTSIDE! I have to GO!!!

If I make a mistake and go on the floor, show it to me and say in the very grumpy voice, WRONG! You don't have to rub my nose in it, I can smell 100 times better than you and know it's a boo boo I made by scent. Then take me outside and talk nicely to me, say good dog to do business outside.

I also don't know any of the smells here or places to hide or play in. I will find them - and your shoes and books if you leave them on the floor. Because I am paper trained leaving books or magazines where I can find them is NOT a good idea.

I am a little dog, I have to chew to keep my teeth clean and because I like it. If I have something you don't want me to have take it away and say NOT YOURS! in a grumpy voice. Then give me my own toy and says "THIS is YOURS, good puppy" in a happy voice. Some day you will say NOT YOURS! and I will drop what I have!

Just before bed I get just a little bowl of evaporated milk with a beaten egg and warm water for a bed time treat. That makes me full so when I stop eating TAKE ME OUTSIDE! I have to GO!!! Then I play a little more with my toys and by 10:00 I should be asleep.

Put me in a pet cage or small box with tall sides by your bed. The lady will send my bed blanket with me when I go home with you. If she doesn't mention it, ask for a small piece to be cut from whatever bedding I was using. You can reach down and pet me so I know I am not really alone, you just don't fit in the box to sleep with me. If you pet me and talk quietly to me I will fall asleep eventually. You could give me a stuffed toy to keep me company, the lady says that might help some. I want to cuddle up to something.

I don't want to do my business where I sleep so I will wake you up by my crying if I have to go. Please, WAKE UP, take me OUT! It will be cold and dark and I will usually do my business pretty quickly.

I want you to like me. I want to be your friend. Teach me good manners and keep me out of trouble and we will both grow to be good friends for many years. You can find out more about puppies at the library.

Comments: 2 Comments:
At 10/4/05 12:56 PM, Blogger Madzillah said...

Going to visit Barley today. I'm taking a blanket, so we can just bring it home when Barley comes home.
The hubster is building a ramp to our (almost) newly finished basement to prevent hip problems.
Can't imagine what adopting parents of a human go through, cuz this is a bit rough!

 
At 13/1/07 6:20 PM, Blogger Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

Heart the puppy, Mad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home