7/07/2005

On a Roll

Sorry to leave you hanging so long. I just "up an' R U N N O F T."

I have not taken a day off that was for FUN since August last year. I have had to use vacation times for being ill. That stinks.

The mate was heading up north to spend some time with friends we haven't seen for a while and I just hollered, "Me go, too!!"

I called in and took two vacation days, packed my stuff and rolled out with the mate on the bikes.

There has been so much going on that I have been sad, angry, frustrated or upset about I have just been freaking OUT! I worked a lot of it out in the garden but I have a burden for the treatment our wounded are getting that isn't going away. Then we were lucky enough to have the eldest grandmale join us Sunday. His mom picked up some family style fast food I ordered and we had an easy picnic. When she left we were ahead one kid.

Now I had a dog sitter so I could roll off worry free.

We had a great time and our pal spent most of it trying to help us fix up my bike. It's got a few little things messing up that really need parts or pieces to fix. I can't tell you how nice it is to have the "A" Team working on my ride. They are real pros!

We did a lot of riding! It was weird weather, hot and stormy looking, but we never got wet. Visited a great little hole in the wall bike shop, went to the motorcycle junk yard, visited with people we knew up there and we just had fun.

I tried to stay right there, in the now. I did fairly well. I just can't keep my mind off Jewel and the other wounded. I wish I lived closer to the hospital.

If you have time on your hands think about visiting the wounded at Walter Reed or Womack Army Medical Center. You can find a Veteran's Hospital near you. Arrange some entertainment, take your scout troops to visit. Wander in with a therapy dog or cat. Hand out a few books, puzzle books, stationairy kits and a book of stamps. Offer to write letters for the ones with no writing hand anymore. Tuck in some candy. Just tell them how your day is going - The day you are free to waste because these soldiers and others like them have sacrificed themselves for your safety.

I promise, this is all going in it's own blog ASAP. I have it started. When it's up I'll add a link. For now, it's busy here today and I have to run.