7/03/2005

Life goes on

I have been trying to get the gardens reorganized after 4 years of poor health has left them with crab grass as their main plant.

I tore out the weed over run corner by the patio a few weeks ago. I sprayed a weed killer on the mystery weeds and waited. No good. So I did it the hard way.

I ran the roto tiller through it, shoveled until it was higher at the house and lower toward the yard, yanked roots, weed wacked and then hand trimmed the one remaining plant, a lovely holly shrub till it was acceptably shaped.

I wasn't dead but I was drownding in sweat and breathing hard. I raked it out, stuck in some old wooden white fence, put in two hostas and three cardinal flowers, added some iris that I moved from over in the lilacs, tossed in 6 spots with mini iris and siberian iris, whacked out some violets and ground cover from out front then sat in a yard chair to water it in. I was BEAT.

It's nice now but it still needs some gravel and mulch plus a cute steel hanger for a hummie feeder. Will get you a photo later!