4/18/2005

Moving Bushes

Doesn't sound like much, moving bushes...The mate and I spent 4 hours moving 4 bushes. Someone planted them about 50 years ago, the last owners of the house rented it out for a long time and no one trimmed them. By the time we moved in 2 of these ornamentals were taller than the house and the shorter ones were about 14 feet around.

We swapped our rototiller to the sis for the use of her small chain saw. The mate would whack off enough branches for a load then hook them to the lawn mower to be towed across the yard and out of the way. This was after the first half dozen trips I made dragging them. I thought I was going to blow a gasket so we switched to powered transport.

There was still plenty of bending, lifting and tossing to be done. Enough that today I remember why I like being outside - because I MOVE.

I'm a big bon fire fan but the mate suggested a chipper and I love mulching the flowers so I guess we will do that later this week.